Saturday, September 09, 2006

You know that brewery makes 10,000 bottles of beer a day. I drink 45 of them, and I'm the bad guy!

Finally saw what could be the best movie of the summer. From the men that brought you the classic, Super Troopers, Beerfest! Seriously funny. They trained by drinking! It had almost everything you'd want in a good comedy, beer, comraderie, the occasional boob shots and making gun of Germans. Amazing! Has anyone seen that preview for Artie Lang's Beer League? Why is anyone letting that guy make a movie? Does anyone not remember Dirty Work? Howard Stern, I blame this on you.

I don't get this According to Jim show, but damn if i couldn't help myself from watching it the other day, no not for the still lovely, Courtney Thorne-Smith or Kimberly Williams, but for the man himself, Erik Estrada. Yes, you heard that right, the Ponch himself, made a guest appearance on the show. Man, I love that guy. I mean, it's no CHiPs, but then again, what is?

This kid, is amazing. Wow, those are some moves. I don't know how I found this, but you gotta love the random stuff you can find on YouTube.

Listening Pile:
Been digging this As Tall As Lions album lately. Really great songs, lead by singer, Mike Nigro's falsetto the band chimes in w/ sweeping guitars, lush arrangements and flourishes of pianos, trumpet and trombone. Produced by Mike Watts and Steve Haigler the album is a fantastic 2nd disc from the Long Island band, and is on the Triple Crown label?!?

I am loving this new Basement Jaxx song, "Take Me Back To Your House". It's a great jam. The video is hot! They really outdid themselves on this one. They've got a sexy lead, and dancing Cossacks, dancing bears, plus a tank.

While we're at it, the new TV On The Radio album, kills. It's so freakin good. I really didn't think they could top themselves, but they did. Way more guitars on this album, insane beats capped off by the stellar, "I Was A Lover" and soulful harmonies. Check out the great video for "Wolf Like Me".

No comments: