Monday, July 23, 2007

And they all want you to change

I came across this post the other day on Stereogum . What's really strange is I had not really paid any attention to it, aside from thinking, man that was a great album. Easily one of my favorite records from the early 90's, this album continues to be a great listen, no matter the disastrous albums that have followed, or the craziness that Billy Corgan has dreamt up in his own mind. And seriously, James Iha has to stop following me around the Lower East Side. Anyhows, that thought just crossed my mind, listening to the album. Where are the two girls from that album, then I remembered the post. Even the Pumpkins posted this on their site. Where are you oh siamese girls?

While I got Billy Corgan on the mind, what is up with that album cover for Zeigeist? Did they think that no one would notice it's so obviously a Shepard Fairey job, even though it looks like a Fairey rip-off. Nice way to mail it in Shep. And why does NYC have to be underwaters. Billy, are you still mad at James, and as a result, subsequently mad at the city he currently lives in? Let go man, just let go. I have only heard a song or two, and it doesn't make me want to listen to the rest of the record in any way.

While I'm on a rant about Shepard Fairey and his great Obey the Giant images, I'm reminded of all the imitators and rip-offs. My favorite play on the Obey the Giant images has got to be the Dogs Of War shirts and designs. Seriously, these kill me. I recently purchased a Obey the Schnauzer magnet for my fridge at home.

Listening Pile:
Today, we're listening to the album Siamese Dream by the Smashing Pumpkins. Truly a great album, and the breakthrough album for the band. i remember spending many late nights listening to this album. Great from start to finish. Go listen.

No comments: