Friday, February 24, 2006

I'm in the waste management business. Everybody immediately assumes you're mobbed up. It's a stereotype. And it's offensive.

i accidentally erased this post, which had a really funny joke about nascar and the sopranos. don't you hate when that happens. is there a way for me to salvage my post? anyone?

The Olympics have been interesting to watch. I always think it's pretty funny watching sports on TV that you would never even know exist, and 6-8 hours after it happened, to boot. I've enjoyed watching the luge and skeleton teams, which you have to admit, going down a mountain at 80 mph on a sled seems like it could be a lot of fun. Skiing, boring, unless someone wipes out. Hockey, no fun as they can't fight. Men's Ice Skating, come on, really! But Ice Dancing. Interesting to watch because of the pretty... um... I mean the incredibly talented skaters, fun! I'm no longer allowed to watch this, just like Dancing With The Stars, for obvious reasons, though really, I was pulling for Jerry Rice. Honest.

Listening Pile
Baltimore's Metal Hearts have really impressed me with their debut album on Suicide Squeeze. Teenagers, Anar Badalov and Flora Wolpert-Checknoff, 18 and 19 respectively, began making music together in early 2004. On Socialize, the duo (along with drummer/recording engineer Sam Leiber) put together a fantastic melange, of mopey bedroom rock. Anar's baritone trades melodies with Flora's airy registers, through blended layers of sparse drum loops and bleeps, synthesizers, gentle plucked guitar licks, and some strings. A really good debut from these youngsters.

No comments: