Friday, May 12, 2006

Can You Hear Me Now?

Just got a new cell phone last month. But damn, I wish I'd seen this one first. What's better than a phone that can give you a hug?

My friend Mike sent me the link to these Quicksand videos from their appearance at the first Van's Warped Tour back in 1995. The videoes include the entire set, and pretty much iall their hits. The sound quality is not half bad either. For more info on this amazing band, check out the, Quicksand Website. Also, if you keep searching on You Tube, you can find their appearance on Jon Stewart's old show on MTV. Remember that?

OJ. What the hell is wrong with you? In a scene from his new candid-camera program "Juiced," O.J. Simpson pulls a prank involving the infamous white Bronco, drawing criticism from the family of a man he was accused of killing. View story here. As part of the pay-per-view show, Simpson pretends to sell the Bronco at a used car lot and boasts to a prospective buyer that he made the vehicle famous..."It was good for me it helped me get away," Simpson said. Wow, that is just wrong!


Listening Pile
I'm digging some tunes I got from Ladytron a little while back. The songs are intriguing and engaging, invoking the ability to make audiences shake it. The arty blend of darkness synth lines with warm real instrumentation proves to be the record's best attribute and Ladytron kill at it.

Here it is, a link to Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy". Man, this is a hot track. I heard they were pretty wack at Coachella though.

No comments: