Saturday, February 10, 2007

My Eyes Are Open, My Eyes Are Open Wide

I was just reading this article overe on the Metsblog. Pretty interesting read on the two new stadiums for the Mets and Yanks. From what I've read, I do agree that maybe the new Mets Stadium, Citi Field, might end up being a bit better, with the classic Ebbets Field look and all the modern amenities that you could ask for. Of course, I think the Mets made a huge mistake calling it Citi, Bankone, Of Americquest Field. They should have showed some class and called it Jackie Robinson Stadium. They could have really done something special, and honor one of the most important figures in sports history, but I guess that Citi Bank check trumps that.

From the artist rendering of the New Yankee Stadium, I feel like we're ending up a bit short on the actual look of the stadium, but improving on all the amenities as well. Of course, that's because Yankee Stadium needs to preserve a lot of the traits from the old stadium. But still, think both team's fans are getting something better than what currently exists. We all now how I feel about Shea. I can't take baseball seriously in a place that reminds me of a fun house, with that stupid apple popping up with every homer, or the ugly orange chairs. And while I love Yankee Stadium, history cannot help that place. It's old, falling apart and the interior has no redeeming qualities aside from the field. However, I did just hook up with my buddy on a 15 game season ticket plan. And if we're lucky, we'll do it again next year and the first year at the new stadium.

Listening Pile:
On the train yesterday from the City to Connecticut, I came across the Planes Mistaken For Stars EP Knife In The Marathon . It's a killer ep the band put out back in 2000. Knife in the Marathon is the second cd on Deep Elm, and rocks hard. Though the self titled disc from Deep Elm is a bit better, less screaming, but still manages to pack in a ton of emotion. The EP is super agressive, yet with a hint of melody and tons of emotion. The EP is capped with the bonus track, a cover of Unbroken's "Fall On Proverb" is heavy, angry and does the original justice. Check out touring info and new tunes at Myspace. These guys actually played on my birthday, back in 2000. Think it's a completely different line-up, aside from Gared. But they were nice guys and they partied hard.

Alright, I gotta roll. Got to get ready for some high-school wrestling and hot dogs. Too bad I can't bring beer. But I leave you with this.


I can't believe I forgot about this one. Fun times I tell ya.

No comments: