Friday, June 15, 2007

A quite alarming knack of knowing when to twist the knife .

Went to the Doc the other day to have him look at my wrist. He said everything looks good. The distal radius fracture is pretty much completely healed and the scaphoid crack is looking pretty good too. Strange thing about breaking bones he told me. Apparently once the bones heal, you still have to let the tendons heal, which can take twice as long. So, looks like I have another 4-6 weeks of strange pains and weakness in the wrist. But at least I'm finally getting use of the hand and wrist back. It was pretty tough for a few weeks there. The first week, I had to be helped putting clothes on.

Crazy all these ads they are running for the new iPhone. From the ads, it looks like a really neat gadget. I know it's got a pretty hefty price tag on it, but really, at some point soon, I'll have to buy a new phone and iPod, plus, really, I only use my iBook at home for email, web and very little else. For the price of the phone and ipod, you get something that does all three, and it takes pics. Not too shabby. Gonna have a lot of folks breaking their contracts to get on board with Cingular and the iPhone.

Listening Pile:
Been rocking the new Travis album. Man, did the return with a fantastic album. Honestly, I really didn't feel the last album, 12 Memories. It was a darker and politically leaning album. This one, produced by old friend, Nigel Goodrich, and also helped by Brian Eno, sees them return to form. The Boy With No Name has a handful of absolute gems, proving that Travis are still capable of penning a tune that wraps around your ears and captures perfect pop tunes with that nonchalant British knack. Single, "Colder", feels like it could easily have been one of the songs from the first two records. I find myself humming it hours after listening to it. And if you listen carefully to "Selfish Jean", you may hear a bit of Hall & Oats' "Maneater" in there, not that there's anything wrong with that. Even more good news, they are coming to the US to play some shows. I'm hoping to be able to check out one of the two Irving Plaza shows.

No comments: