Saturday, June 23, 2007

Well I always loved your accent.

Had some nice food the other night at Mole. I had walked by this place a few times and it looked pretty interesting. So glad, I tried out this new Mexican joint, located on Allen St in the LES. Someone mentioned to us that it was pretty good and they make guacamole right at your table. We waited almost 40 minutes for a table at the bar. We brought our own beer, as it's BYOB. Can't go wrong with that. They even make virgin Margaritas, which you can add your own tequila too. I had these delicious scallop tacos, Erika had some tasty carne tacos, and we split some great taquitos, with potato and chorizo in em. Pretty tasty. It's funny, but people from the West Coast always say it's impossible to find good Mexican food in the city. Think I found a good joint tho. Just stay away from going during the peak hours. It's a tiny place and there's not much room to maneuver around. This along with, E.U. and Tapeo 29, are two of the best restaurants I've eaten at in the last month. Tapeo 29, is a tapas bar, and we ate there on my bday. It was awesome. The E.U. was great, had steak and eggs there a couple weekends ago. Very good.

Went to Connecticut last weekend for Father's day, and came home with one of these, from the Berkshire Brewing Co. It was a fantastic, light ale with a nice gold color. It was good. Erika and her dad got a Coffeehouse Porter, which seems really interesting. Also, found a couple of bottles of the Post Road Pumpkin ale from the Brooklyn Brewery. One of my favorite pumpkin ales. Strange that I found some in a liquor store in Connecticut, and could never find it bottled in New York. Also, picked up a sixer of the Brooklyn Brewery's Summer Ale at Whole Foods this week. Pretty good. I always love a good Summer Ale.

Got the Yankees in San Francisco this weekend. Hoping we can win tonight and pick up the series win. Moose on the hill versus Noah Lowry, who I had on my fantasy team last year. He always managed to kill me when I thought he was just about to turn a corner. Hoping the Yanks can get to him tonight. Barry Lamar cranked one out the other night, wonder if he's getting one out today. Just say something about Rod Beck the former MLB closer, dying. Strange, he didn't seem that old to me. He always had a fantastic mullet and the fu-manchu stache.

Listening Pile
Heading over to McCarren Park Pool to see Superchunk now. Should be fun. Haven't seen them since CMJ like 6 years ago or something. This will be my first time at McCarren park pool. used to live right by there, for like 3 years too. Ha. Wish me luck.

No comments: