Sunday, October 30, 2005

good ole sunday afternoon

It’s Sunday, and you know what that means. Foosball(I had to do it for Bobby Boucher Jr.). There are some really great games today; Giants vs. Redskins, Steelers vs. Ravens, Eagles vs. Broncos, Chargers vs. Chiefs, and lets not forget Teddy Bruschi returning to the Patriots line-up. The Giants and Eli looked great last week in that fourth quarter comeback against the Broncos. Steelers and Ravens, man that’s looking to be a great Monday night game. I know the Raven’s D isn’t what is used to be, but this should be a great game, very physical and not much offense.

Fantasy wise, I’m hoping for a big day from Tiki, Delhomme, Ronny Brown, and Mike Pittman. I’m also shooting for a great performance from my Giant’s D. I’ve gotten my ass handed to me the last few weeks and looking to change that this week. The team is looking good.

While we’re talking about sports, how weird is it that Roger McDowell (the phantom spitter) was named the new Atlanta Braves pitching coach. Pretty weird, for various reasons, not just replacing Leo Mazzone. If you get a chance, you have to find this new “Got Milk” ad, taking a stab at MLB. Making fun of the steroid scandal, the TV ad for the California Milk Processor Board talks about a player getting pulled from a game "after testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance.” In the next scene, a coach pulls a carton of milk from the slugger's locker. Man, this is too good.

And on a final note, I just saw this crazy Randy Moss Halloween skit on ESPN. Man, that mask would be the most amazing costume. I wonder if they really are making those.

No comments: