Saturday, October 29, 2005

trick or treat

So, I just got home from my friend Mike's Halloween party in the Dirtee Jerzee. It's always kind of weird heading back to New Jersey, even more so now living in Manhattan, than it was from Brooklyn. Garfield, the town, not the cat, is one seriously shady town to take the train to. Anyhow, there were some good costumes, a Hasidic Jew, doctor, women dressed as men, mental patients, etc.... I'll try to find some pictures when I can. I'll even put up my mustache picture. I so look like a dirty, dirty man

I can't figure out if the Most Serene Republic album I have is jacked, or if my iPod is. For some reason, half their songs get cut off. Very, very weird. I'm hoping it's just the album; don't think I've heard anything other songs get jacked.

Anyhow, just listened to the Gorillaz album. Demon Days is a mighty fine album. I love the Danger Mouse production and Albarn's vocals. The lush orchestral sounds on a few songs is great, including the choir in every planet we reach is dead and don't get lost in heaven. Feel Good INC, despite being on that iPod ad, is still one damn fine song. So catchy, and great to see De La Soul kick it again. Very, very weird to see the album in stores with an sticker reading "as seen on the iPod ad". Anything to sell some records I guess. Hell, seems like it worked for the Caesars and U2.

1 comment:

m1k3k said...

i didnt know you started this... either way, i'm glad. pics on my site...