Monday, December 05, 2005

I Want To Float Upon My Memories, Not Sink Into the Gloaming Sea

Seven Things I Think I Think

1. There are some freaky, freaky people in L.A. Some of them aren't even Scientologists.



2. It's way easier to be a drunk in NYC than in L.A. For one, you don't have to drive, so you don't have to worry about parking and possibly drinking and driving. 2nd, public transportation, can take you just about anywhere.

3. Does anyone care if they shut down CBGB anymore? That place puts on the worst shows and carries on based on it's reputation and legendary history. Aside from a few hardcore bands reforming to try and save the place, I can't recall a show I've wanted to attend, or even a show that I thought might be half interesting. Now with owner Hilly Kristal claiming he's moving the place, possibly to Vegas, I think I'm done caring.

4. Marilyn Manson is off the market. If he can find love, I think anyone can. He reportedly married his burlesque dancer girlfriend this weekend. I'm wondering who wore the dress.

5. If you're going to make a thing called the Expedia.Com lounge in LAX, wouldn't you think you'd look into bringing up to speed the internet connection. No joke, I asked if they had a wireless connection, only to be told, "No sorry, only a phone line to plug into." What year is this?

6. Wouldn't it be great if we got snow days for work! Like you listen to the radio or tv for office closings. I dunno where that came from, maybe some weird grade school school closing flashback, and the impending snow.

7. I am starting to think that Youth Group's song "Shadowland" may in fact be my favorite song of the year. You can check out some clips of this song and a few others, at their site. I first heard it back in May, and was quickly trying to find out more about this band. From Australia, the band features former Vines bassist, Patrick Matthews, but in no way does this band sound anything like that band. A really sensational drum beat starts the song, as a repetitive guitar note hits, then a second guitar melody. Singer Toby Martin's emotive vocal's jump in soon after, then the chorus repeats over and over, as a flurry of drum symbols kick in. What a great song. If you get a chance, you should rock the video, really great stop animation and picturebox stuff.

No comments: